When you have been wronged by your employer, you may be angry, upset, afraid and sad — probably all at the same time. At the Ungerman Law Office, we will listen to what happened to you and assess your situation. In some cases, proper advice and counsel is all that is required to move forward; in others, correspondence to the employer can resolve the issues between you. But if necessary and appropriate, we will protect your rights in taking legal action against your employer for illegal activities such as discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful retaliation, interference with protected leaves, whistleblowing, and other employment and labor law violations.
Have you suffered workplace discrimination or been wronged by your employer? Do not hesitate to call 916-447-2484 to schedule your free consultation with our Placer County employment rights lawyer.
Our principal attorney Elisa W. Ungerman has more than 20 years of experience in employment law. Having previously worked on the defense side of employment matters, she brings the in-depth knowledge and practical experience you need to defend your rights against illegal employment actions.
"I find great satisfaction in representing real people and advocating for employees who have actually been harmed. I seek justice for wronged employees and formed the Ungerman Law Office to do just that." — Attorney Elisa W. Ungerman
Problem-Solving With Your Goals in Mind
Unlike many law firms that add employment law to a laundry list of practice areas or squeeze it in to augment their personal injury practice, we practice exclusively in this field. We provide assistance in the following areas:
- Protecting your job while you still have it
- Enforcing your right to protected leaves such as the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the California Family Rights Act (CFRA), or Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL)
- Sexual harassment and other forms of workplace harassment
- Pursuing a charge of discrimination based on your protected status such as race, age, sex, gender, disability, medical condition or your association with those with protected status
- Pursuing a charge of retaliation for engaging in protected conduct such as opposing discrimination or complaining about illegal conduct in the workplace (whistleblowing)
- Achieving reasonable accommodations for disabled employees
- Negotiating an exit strategy or severance from an existing employer and review of severance agreements
- Achieving resolution of employment disputes
- Negotiating new employment contracts
- Wage and hour violations such as failure to pay overtime or minimum wage, or failure to make breaks available
The truth is that the practice of employment law is not easy, and there are many pitfalls for the unsuspecting. We spend time reviewing current labor laws and understanding the details of your case. We then devise a course of action tailored to your situation, needs and objectives. We treat every client as if he or she is our only client. By providing regular communication on the status of your case and the legal issues involved, we seek to achieve the best solution possible.
Not every situation calls for litigation, and many of our clients have achieved successful results through assertive negotiation. If litigation is necessary, we are fully prepared to fight for your rights in court. Our lawyer is licensed to practice in all the trial and appellate courts of California, the Eastern District Federal Court and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
For more information, we invite you to review some of our Representative Cases.
Protecting Your Employment Rights: Placer County Attorney Elisa W. Ungerman
We can help you protect your right to hold your employer accountable for illegal actions such as discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation and other employment law violations. Contact the Ungerman Law Office to schedule a free initial consultation with Sacramento employment law attorney Elisa Ungerman today.
Our standard hourly rate is $300/hour, but certain qualifying cases may be handled on a contingent basis or a combination of contingent and hourly rates. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.